Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
I-601A Waivers

I-601A Waivers

Achieve Your Legal Objectives with Our Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers

The ongoing debate about immigration reform has sparked a dangerous political and social divide in the United States. Back in 2013, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) created the I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver to let undocumented migrants stay in the United States with their family members while they attempt to gain legal status as Lawful Permanent Residents. In 2017, the Trump Administration began enacting new laws and regulations to limit the number of migrants, refugees, and asylum-seekers allowed into the country. Now, even undocumented immigrants applying through the proper channels are being deported by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the USCIS.

Unfortunately, I-601A waivers are rarely approved. If you’re interested in filing an I-601A waiver, contact the Los Angeles immigration attorneys at Arnaout Immigration Law Firm. We can help you navigate this complicated legal process and defend your rights if you’re facing removal or deportation. No matter how simple or complex your individual circumstances may be, our experienced legal team can effectively represent your case from start to finish.

If you’re ready to start the process, contact our Los Angeles immigration lawyers at (818) 276-9900.

Applying for the I-601A Waiver

As a law firm, our sole mission is to help our clients achieve their immigration objectives. To this end, we always stay updated on shifting immigration laws and policies. We have a comprehensive understanding of federal immigration laws and can help you compile the necessary documentation and evidence needed to get your waiver approved.

You may file an application if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are physically present in the United States
  • You are at least 17 years old
  • You have an immigrant visa case pending with the Department of State (DOS)

An I-601A waiver is for migrant spouses and other immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen. Essentially, this waiver requests that the United States government excuse the applicant’s unlawful presence. Unlike the I-601 waiver, you can apply for this waiver while you’re still living in the United States. You’ll only need to leave the country to conduct your consular interview. Fortunately, at that time, you’ll already have an approved waiver in your hands.

What if My Waiver Is Denied?

Unfortunately, the USCIS doesn’t offer an appeal process if your waiver is denied. While you can apply again, the USCIS may have grounds to refer your case to an immigration judge. For this reason, it’s imperative that you retain legal representation before pursuing an I-601A waiver.

Your waiver may be denied for the following reasons:

  • Unlawful presence
  • You do not meet all the requirements
  • Past criminal conduct
  • Medical issues
  • You are currently in removal proceedings

An essential element of the application process is proving that your family member (who is a citizen) will experience extreme hardship if you’re refused admission to the United States. At Arnaout Immigration Law Firm, we can help you compile evidence and accurately complete your application.

Schedule a Confidential Consultation Today

If you’re facing an immigration issue, schedule a confidential consultation with our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today. We can discuss and explore your immigration rights and options in a safe and comfortable environment. Our goal is to educate you about this process in order to help you make informed legal decisions about your future. At Arnaout Immigration Law Firm, we sincerely believe that obtaining your immigration goals is the first step in achieving the American Dream. In the current political climate, it’s understandable that you feel uncertain about taking any legal steps as an undocumented migrant. Turn to our legal team to protect your individual rights and the future of your family.

We believe in keeping families together. Contact Arnaout Immigration Law Firm at (818) 276-9900 if you have any concerns about your immigration status or want to apply for an I-601A waiver.