Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
Temporary Visas

Temporary Visa Lawyer in Los Angeles

Providing Assistance with Student Visas, Fiancé Visas, and More

Are you or a loved one trying to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis? You may need to have a nonimmigrant visa in order to legally enter the United States, which is why it is important to speak with a Los Angeles temporary visa attorney. At Arnaout Immigration Law Firm, we want to ensure that you take the right steps in your process of seeking temporary visas.

Contact us onlineor call (818) 276-9900 to schedule a consultation with a temporary visa attorney in Los Angeles. We speak English, Spanish, Tagalog, Cebuano, & Arabic.

What is a Temporary or Nonimmigrant Visa For?

Temporary visas are for those who wish to stay in the United States for a brief period of time. After the stay is over, the visa holder must return to their home country. This option is not good if you are seeking a green card or a pathway to citizenship. This options works best for tourists, students, temporary employees, those who need medical treatment, and more.

How to Apply for a Temporary Visa

  • Complete the Form DS-160.
  • Pay the application fee ($160) when you submit your form.
  • Schedule an interview with the U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • Compile required documents. These will vary based on the type of temporary visa you are applying for.
    • Typical documents needed are: your passport, Form DS-160 confirmation page, proof of visa payment, printout of interview appointment letter, and more.
  • Attend the interview.
  • Wait for processing. The waiting period varies based on your type of visa, nationality, embassy or consulate location, and the complexity of your temporary visa case.

How a Temporary Visa Lawyer in Los Angeles Can Help

With years of experience helping individuals apply for visas, we know the types of temporary visas that are available for specific circumstances. There is a number of different types of visas and it is essential that you apply for the right one for your situation. We are experienced navigating the application process and representing you should any problems arise along the way. If you are seeking a temporary or nonimmigrant visa, speaking with a Los Angeles immigration attorney from our firm should be your next step.

We can assist you with a variety of different temporary visas, including:

What Are the Types of Nonimmigrant Visas?

If you are looking to come to the USA on a temporary visa, or need information on whether or not you qualify for a change of status from one type of visa to another, our temporary visa attorney is here to help!

B-1 Visa

While this is mainly for visitors, it is also for those with a business purpose. A person on a B-1 visa is coming to engage in business other than simply "work”. One example is, if you are coming to negotiate transactions or participate in a business conference. The individual must have a foreign residency overseas that the person has no intention of abandoning.

B-2 Visa

One of the largest nonimmigrant visa categories is this one. It is designed for the admission of tourists in the U.s.

F-1 Visa

This is the most common of the educational study visas and is for persons coming to engage in academic study in a full-time program at an approved institution.

J-1 Visa

This is a broad temporary visa category and it is for a person coming to the United States as a student, researcher, professor, nonacademic specialist, physician, international visitor, camp counselor, au pair, or summer student in a travel/work program.

M-1 Visa

The M-1 visa is for vocational students—those who are coming to engage in a full-time program at a recognized nonacademic institution.

Apply for a Temporary Visa With a Skilled Attorney in Los Angeles

Regardless of the reason you wish to visit the U.S., it is important to ensure your visa meets your intended purposes. If you wish to enroll in an academic program, there are many different types of student visas available. If you are intending to marry a U.S. citizen, you will need to apply for a fiancé visa to come to the U.S. and get married within 90 days. Each visa has its own set of rules and restrictions, which we can explain. Our Los Angeles temporary visa immigration attorney can also help with visa extension applications and changes of status, when appropriate.

We are here to help - reach out now at (818) 276-9900 to set up a case consultation.