Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900

Los Angeles Naturalization Lawyer

Call (818) 276-9900 To Speak With A Skilled Immigration Attorney

People choose to apply for citizenship in the U.S. for a variety of reasons and unfortunately, the process is not an easy one. Citizenship cannot be obtained by simply completing forms. If you are eligible for citizenship, the naturalization process also involves interviews and completing a test.

At Arnaout Immigration Law, our naturalization attorneys in Los Angeles can help determine if you are eligible for citizenship. If you are not quite ready to apply, we will let you know what else is required in order to get the process started. If you are eligible, we are here to guide you through the naturalization process.

Contact Arnaout Immigration Law online or call (818) 276-9900 for a consultation with a naturalization attorney in Los Angeles. Our services are available in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Cebuano, and Arabic.

Am I Eligible For Naturalization?

  • A person is eligible to naturalize and become a U.S. citizen if:
  • Immediately preceding the date of filing the application for naturalization, has resided continuously after being lawfully admitted for permanent residence within the United States for at least five years, and during the five years immediately preceding the date of filing the application has been physically present therein for periods totaling at least half of that time
  • Has resided continuously within the United States from the date of application up to the time of admission to citizenship
  • During all the periods referred to in this subsection has been and still is a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well-disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States

Naturalization Requirements for Lawful Permanent Residents

A person granted lawful permanent residence who is married to a U.S. citizen must demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for three years instead of five. The couple must be married and living in marital union for the entire three years, and the U.S. citizen spouse must have been a U.S. citizen throughout this period. Termination of the marriage would require the lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse to comply with the five-year requirement.

A person granted permanent resident status through a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petition, who was married to a U.S. citizen, or was the child of a U.S. citizen, may also apply for naturalization based on a three-year, rather than five-year, continuous residence requirement. Such person is exempt from the marital union requirement.

Call our firm today at (818) 276-9900 to benefit from our Los Angeles naturalization attorney. Schedule your consultation now.