Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
L-1A/L-1B/L-2 Visas

L-1A, L-1B, & L-2 Visas

Assisatance from a Knowledgeable Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer

Multinational companies seeking to establish or expand its presence in the United States will find the L-1 intracompany transferee visa to be a useful and efficient vehicle. The visa classification facilitates the employment of qualifying managers and executives (L-1A), and employees with specialized knowledge (L-1B) on a temporary basis at a related corporate entity in the United States.

Spouses and minor children of L-1 non-immigrants may hold L-2 status. The status of an L-2 dependent is subject to the same period of admission and limitations as the principal L-1. L-2 spouses, but not L-2 children, are eligible for employment.

Special regulatory provisions apply to L-1 transferees who come to the United States for the purpose of opening a new office. The new office petition is initially approved for one year. At the end of the year, the L-1 transferee can apply for an extension and remain as a non-immigrant or self petition as a multinational executive or manager under EB-1 category to become an immigrant.

The L-1 intracompany transferee visa can also be used by an owner or major stockholder of one of the business entities. Evidence that the U.S. assignment is temporary and that the L-1 employee will return to employment abroad must be submitted with the petition.

Individual initial petitions may be granted for up to three years, with a possible two-year extension for all L employees and a two-year extension beyond that for managers and executives.

If you fall under the following categories and would like more information, call our Los Angeles immigration lawyer to schedule your consultaion.