Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
E-1/E-2/E-3 Visas

E-1, E-2, & E-3 Visas

For a Consultation, Call Our Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer

The E nonimmigrant is defined as an alien entitled to enter the United States under and in pursuance of the provisions of a treaty of commerce and navigation between the United States and the foreign state of which he or she is a national.

The E non-immigrant visa is a useful avenue for foreign nationals wanting to engage in self employment in the USA.

  • The E category consists of three subcategories:
  • Treaty traders (E-1)
  • Treaty investors (E-2)
  • Australians working in specialty occupations (E-3)

To learn more, schedule your initial consultation at the Arnaout Immigration Law Firm. Call (818) 276-9900 now.

The spouse and dependent children (unmarried and under age 21) of an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant are entitled to the same classification as the principal foreign national. The nationality of a spouse and child is not material to their eligibility.

A noncitizen employee of a treaty trader may be classified E-1 and a noncitizen employee of a treaty investor may be classified E-2, if the employee is in or is coming to the United States to engage in duties of an executive or supervisory character, or, if employed in a lesser capacity, the employee has special qualifications that make the services to be rendered essential to the efficient operation of the enterprise. Employees of treaty traders or treaty investors seeking E status must have the same nationality as their employer.

The maximum validity period for an E visa will depend upon reciprocity with the foreign national’s country of nationality. In many cases this will be five years. There are no limit on the number of renewals.