Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
K-1/K-2 Visas

Los Angeles Fiance Visa Lawyer

Attorneys With Extensive Experience in Family-Based Immigration

Do you have a fiancé overseas? A K-1 or K-2 visa may help you. At Arnaout Immigration Law Firm, we have handled a broad range of family-based immigration matters over the years. Our Los Angeles fiancé visa lawyer can guide you through the fiance visa application process. If you need someone to speak up for your rights, you can turn to a reliable and respected immigration attorney in Los Angeles from our firm.

What Are the Advantages to the K-1 Fiancé Visa?

The K-1 category permits the fiancé of a U.S. citizen petitioner to enter the United States for a 90-day period. Upon marriage to the petitioner within 90 days of arrival, the K-1 fiancé may apply for adjustment to conditional permanent residence (Form I-485).

As a non-immigrant visa, the K-1 beneficiary will be given a single entry visa for 90 days in order to carry out the marriage to the petitioner. They may be allowed to perform authorized work during this time. Non-immigrants are ineligible for an extension of stay or change of status (I-539).

About the K-2 Visa

K-2 visas are non-immigrant visas for the minor unmarried children of a K-1 principal beneficiary. They must be listed in the petition and may be given K-2 status if they are joining the beneficiary. There is no separate petition or separate filing fee is required in such cases.

The issuance of a K-2 visa must within one year from the date of issuance of the K-1 visa to the principal beneficiary, the fiancé of a U.S. citizen. The minor unmarried children of the K-1 beneficiary may also adjust status to conditional permanent residence via Form I-485.

Need a Fiance Visa Attorney in Los Angeles? Call (818) 276-9900 Today!

At Arnaout Immigration Law Firm, our team is backed by years of experience. Our Los Angeles immigration lawyers are licensed to practice in the United States and Canada, and are able to represent those who are foreign or domestic. If you are a U.S. citizen with a foreign-citizen fiancé, we can help them obtain the K-1 visa. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation. Our services are available in Arabic, Cebuano, English, Spanish, and Tagalog.

Contact us or call (818) 276-9900 to speak with a Los Angeles fiancé visa attorney.