Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
T Visa

Assistance for T Visas in Los Angeles

A Dedicated Immigration Lawyer Serving Los Angeles County

The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (TVPA) of 2000 created the T and U visas for individuals who assist law enforcement with the investigation and prosecution of certain crimes. The T and U visas each provide an avenue for these visa holders to apply for Adjustment of Status to become Lawful Permanent Residents.

For help with these visas, or to see if you qualify, call (818) 276-9900 to scheudle a initial consultation.

T Visa

  • To receive T-1 classification an individual must:
  • be a victim of a severe form of trafficking of persons;
  • be physically present in the United States or at a U.S. port of entry on account of such trafficking;
  • have complied with “any reasonable request for assistance in the investigation or prosecution of acts of trafficking” or be under 15 years of age;
  • and show he or she would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual or severe harm upon removal.

Severe forms of trafficking include sex trafficking, involuntary servitude, debt bondage, peonage, and slavery.

T visa holder may confer derivative T status to a spouse, child, parent, and unmarried siblings under 18 years of age. T visa holders also are eligible for employment authorization and medical and social service benefits. The annual cap on T visas is 5,000 per year. A T visa is granted for three years; at the expiration of the three-year period, the T visa holder is eligible to apply for permanent residency within 90 days.

Contact our Los Angeles immigration law attorneys today to learn more.