Skip to Content
Helping Clients Throughout Los Angeles & the Surrounding Areas | Fluent In A Number of Languages
Call Us Today! 818-276-9900
I-751 Removing Conditions

Form I-751: Remove Conditions on Residence

From Application to Fees, Our Green Card Lawyers Are Ready to Guide You

If a couple has been married for less than two years at the time residency is granted, the noncitizen will acquire conditional residence (CR) and will be required to later remove this condition. A conditional resident may remove the condition on permanent residence by jointly filing a petition (Form I-751) with the U.S. citizen spouse within a 90-day period prior to the expiration of the second-year anniversary of the grant of conditional residence.

How to File Form I-751

The filing process may be complicated. Be sure to read the instructions, pay the removal of conditions fee, and check the status of your case at any time on the USCIS website. To ensure that everything goes smoothly and there are no delays, we encourage you to reach out to a skilled immigration lawyer in Los Angeles before filing.

Carefully read the instructions -- an incorrect package may result in delays. To file:

  1. Complete and sign the the Form I-751.
  2. If applicable, pay the fees.
  3. Provide all evidence and supporting documentation for your case.
  4. Learn where to send your firm via the USCIS Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-751 page.

When USCIS gets your form, you will receive a receipt notice as a confirmation. If applicable, you may expect information regarding a biometric appointment, a notice to appear for an interview, and finally, a notice of decision.

How Much Is the Fee for I-751?

The fee for I-751 is $595. Also keep in mind that a biometric appointment, is also required, costing $85. Each of your conditional resident dependents listed on the form is required to pay $85 each for their biometric service.

Accepted forms of payment are by check or money order from financial institutions located in the United States. If you are outside the U.S. contact your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for guidance on acceptable methods of payment.

About the I-751 Waiver

In the event that the noncitizen spouse is unable to jointly file Form I-751, they may file for a waiver of the joint-filing requirement. There are 3 types of waivers that may be used.

  • A waiver may be granted if the noncitizen spouse can demonstrate any one of the following:
  • Extreme hardship would result if the individual was to be removed;
  • The marriage was entered into in good faith, but has been terminated (other than through the death of the citizen spouse); or
  • The marriage was entered into in good faith, but the noncitizen spouse was abused or subjected to extreme cruelty.

Call Our Los Angeles Immigration Attorneys at (818) 276-9900!

Need to move forward with removing your conditions on residence or pursue a waiver? Arnaout Immigration Law Firm can help. Our Los Angeles immigration lawyer has years of insight and offers reliable guidance through this time! Reach out to us, today!

A consultation is just a call away! Reach out to our firm at (818) 276-9900.